Our Philanthropy Center gives new life to a local landmark.
Built in 1860 in the heart of Williamsport, the structure was home to two different business leaders before housing a men’s society for more than 100 years. Like FCFP, the Ross Club (which opened to women in the 1980s) had a long history of gathering folks for networking, collaboration, and friendship.
Anticipating our centennial, FCFP purchased the building in 2014. Our renovations preserved elements of the past and modernized the space to support the work of the foundation and other nonprofits. We cut the ribbon a century after our founding, down to the day: November 20, 2016.