Charitable dollars are available through a competitive process to one or more of the following organizations: Evangelical Community Hospital, Geisinger Health Foundation’s Geisinger at Home™ program, the Montgomery House Library, and the Turbotville Community Hall Corporation. Additionally, the Fund may provide grants to other charitable organizations serving the residents of the Warrior Run community.
Available to Grant
Deadline and Notification
Online application will be available for submission until JANUARY 2 through 11:00 p.m.
Final funding notification will be made after the MARCH FCFP Board meeting.
Who May Apply
- Nonprofits with programs/projects that benefit individuals that reside in the greater Warrior Run community (as defined by the geographic boundaries of the Warrior Run School District)
- Preference will be given to Evangelical Community Hospital, Geisinger Health Foundation, the Montgomery House Library, and the Turbotville Community Hall Corporation
- Clubs, sports teams or services limited to a select membership are ineligible
- Requests from individuals are ineligible
- Organizations with outstanding or overdue final reports from previous grants cannot apply
General Criteria for Reviewing Requests
- Impact a broad range and diverse group of people
- Address community needs and/or opportunities in innovative and creative ways
- Result in attainable and measurable goals
- Illustrate financial strength to ensure long-term self-sustainability, especially when seeking start-up or seed funding
- Show collaboration with other nonprofits without duplicating efforts
- Leverage or generate other funding sources and/or propose use of grant to attract matching funds